The Te Aratika Charitable Trust, an Incorporated Society committed to advancing the cultural, academic, physical, spiritual and social needs of Māori and Pasifika youth, sponsors Te Aratika Academy.
Te Aratika Academy embodies the commitment of the Te Aratika Charitable Trust.
Te Aratika Academy will provide a senior secondary education programme tailored to the needs of Years 11 – 13 male Māori and Pasifika students. This programme is designed to enable the students to develop holistically as individuals, able to contribute positively to their families, their communities and society as a whole.
Te Aratika Academy graduates will be life ready and career ready. They will acquire life skills that will allow them to lead purposeful and fulfilling lives. They will also acquire valuable work related skills and experience that will assist them to gain life long employment. They will be confident, connected, actively involved, lifelong learners.
During their time at Te Aratika Academy and as graduates of Te Aratika Academy the students will serve as role models to other young people and inspire other individuals, families and communities to aspire to achieve similar outcomes in their lives.
Me te mōhio i heke mai i tēna reanga, i tēna reanga, i tēna tūmatohi ana i te tūāpapa o te panoni. Te kaupapa ia he whai i “Te Ara Tika”.
With knowledge passed down from generation to generation, we make our stand on the platform for change. The kaupapa is always to walk in “the Right Path”.
THE RIGHT PATH
The Right Path will involve enriching our rangatahi through Māori based values and innovative and modern technologies to enable them to achieve their potential, to contribute to their families and communities and to aspire to a future that it positive, fulfilling and beneficial both for them and for society.
The Right Path will involve:
- providing opportunities for success and quality outcomes for all students through having high expectations, providing support and encouragement, fostering a sustained work ethic, and building resilience
- producing young people who are confident, knowledgeable, skilled and experienced in their Māori world view
- operating in a school and community environment where success and achievement are valued and celebrated
- enhancing student well-being through Māori based values and holistic personal development
- engaging in 21st century educational teaching practices and pedagogies
- encouraging and facilitating participation with Māori communities to enhance educational success by inspiring and supporting community developments
Ko te Whakapono, ko te Tumanako me te Aroha - Ui mai koe ki ahau "he aha te mea nui o te ao?" Maku e ki atu, "he tangata, he tangata, he tangata!"
Faith, Hope and Love – Ask me “What is the greatest thing in the world?” I will reply, "It is people, it is people, it is people."
In our operations Te Aratika Academy will evidence:
Providing a safe, nurturing environment, which involves whānau and develops and sustains the language, culture and identity of every student to ensure they have the best opportunity to learn and experience educational success.
Nurturing quality teaching-learning relationships and Interactions in a whānau-based environment that supports teaching and learning.
Understanding the student is both the teacher and the learner and there is no power-based relationship and whānau is inseparably part of the learning environment.
Working together collaboratively towards student-centred goals.